HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! HAPPY LOVE DAY! What do you do for Valentines Day? It sneaked up on me, and I totally forgot to buy my husband a card even! What the heck? So, I cooked him a great breakfast this morning and hopefully we will have fun at our friends 1 year old party today. I hope you enjoy today’s post, it’s some thoughts that have been running through my head over the past week.
Hey there! As I sit here at my kitchen table thinking about the last week and all that has happened pertaining to this blog and my diet, I can’t help but think if I am on the right path. I am staring at the cup full of fiber, Brain Booze and Maca powder in all it’s glory. My tummy has not been too happy this week, and I have felt down and tired, there are some bugs going around that I have been exposed to, so I am not sure what it could be. I am experimenting with different things and my body doesn’t like it. I ran out of my pro-biotics last week and got them in a few days ago, maybe I am playing catch up. I have been waking up in the middle of the night with cramps in my feet and my shins, and I was reading about that and it could be several things. I think I am lacking in Magnesium in my diet. I have some supplements and have been consistently taking that for the past two days, last night, no cramps.
Consistency is key to success in endeavors OR it could contribute to success in failing at an endeavor as well. Consistent negative actions. Today, we have another birthday party to go to. So, my consistent action when attending a Birthday Party (especially one for 1 year old’s) is to be prepared. I am consuming some fiber and will go to the gym this morning as well as prepare my brain for being exposed to sweets. I really have no trouble saying no anymore. I know what will happen if I do consume, and it’s what will keep me SugarSober today. Here are some things that I do on a consistent basis to stay positive, happy, and healthy.
- I write a Gratitude list everyday, and I track that action. So, if I check my tracking list and that Gratitude is NOT on there, I get to do that before I go to bed. I try to do it in the morning, because it puts my mind in the right place for the day. Gratitude lists have changed my life, and I can feel the difference when I stray. I have tried other things such as an app that is especially for Gratitude, but it doesn’t work. I don’t do it. It’s getting out that “empty book” and writing in it “I am Grateful for…..” and starting each item out with that sentence that cements the feelings into my soul. What are you Grateful for today?
- I lift weights 3 times a week, and try to walk 2 times a week. Lifting weights allows me to feel strong and able. Lifting weights also keeps my hormones in check! I am sliding up on 46 years young! As we age, we loose muscle mass, and this ensures that my body “wards off” fat that can easily take over. It also helps the skin look smoother and younger when your muscles are right below instead of a layer of fat cells. It also helps to keep bone mass, and you are less likely to contract any bone or joint disease like arthritis. When menopause hits, I will be less likely to have that mid body bulge because I lift weights.
- I track a few things on a daily basis to keep myself in check. I track food consumption, exercise, and personal development. I also track the books I read and if I do my Gratitude on a daily basis. I use a tracking system that works for me, and I can go back and look at what I ate on January 15th of this year if I want to. I also track my female stuff that goes on. I track my activity pertaining to my businesses. My appointments, my successes, my production and my relationship building activities.
- I keep my surroundings clean on a consistent basis. Vacuum, sweep & mop on a weekly basis. Monthly basis includes cleaning all of the outside cabinets in the kitchen and the tub and shower. Clean the coffee pot out and change the filter. Every 3 months I pull the couches out and the furniture and vacuum under and behind.
- I do something to reach out to my friends and family on a consistent basis. Text, call, email or Facebook. They need to know I think about them. It’s important to relationships. This keeps them healthy on a consistent basis.
- I read books and spiritual literature that fill me up on a consistent basis. I write things that help me process the things that are going on in my life, and I am responsible for that.
When I was typing that out, to an everyday Joe, it seems a little overboard, however, this world will take you down if you let it. Time goes by fast and I am responsible for my own actions and my own successes OR failures. I AM RESPONSIBLE for making decisions that guide my life down the right path. The consistent actions that I take are taking me down a path to be successful not only with having Optimal Health, but also to be successful in my businesses and my personal life. My spiritual life is healthy. I strive to have healthy relationships, I feel calm and happy about life. The future is not frightening any longer. I know that if I keep on this path of no sugar and feeding my body like the temple it is, I will be able to accomplish whatever I want to accomplish because I will FEEL like doing it. I am excited about that!
Today’s plan for the party is simple. It’s about Lucy today! She is turning 1 year old! It seems just like yesterday when she was born! I shared a pic of little Lucy on the SugarSobriety Facebook page. I am excited to share this day celebrating Lucy!
Look for Amanda with Go Slim U tomorrow. It’s a great article about working out your brain and making it stronger as well as habits! Tune in – it will be posted about 1pm tomorrow!
Have a great Vday!